If you wish to receive audition notices by e-mail, visit our Contact Us page and fill out the form you will find there and making sure to check the box for receiving audition notices.
For up-to-date info, please visit this page often.
The Liar by David Ives
Directed by Pia Haas
Produced by the Armonk Players
For general information regarding Auditions for the Armonk Players please visit http://www.armonkplayers.org/auditions.html
Alternative facts, mistaken identities, devious servants and passionate young love will collide when The Armonk Players presents The Liar, an adaptation of Pierre Corneille’s hilarious seventeenth-century farce, Le Menteur, by acclaimed American playwright, screenwriter, and novelist David Ives. Sides will be provided for reading. If you have a prepared monologue in verse, bring it along!
Auditions Dates and Times:
Tuesday & Wednesday, September 5th & 6th from 7pm - 9:30pm
Whippoorwill Theatre, 19 Whippoorwill Rd E, NY 10504
Use Kent Pl entrance (enter into your GPS: Kent Pl, Armonk NY 10504)
December 1, 2, 3, 7, 8, 9
Sunday matinee at 4pm, all other performances at 8pm.
Rehearsal Schedule Dates: TBA
- You may e-mail questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There is NO PAY.
- Dorante – Male, 20-39: the liar himself, our comic and romantic lead; apparently a wide-eyed energetic young man just in from the country, a bit of a rube, he turns out to be an eloquent and articulate pathological liar; physically appealing, with character; needs flair if not extravagance; both physical and language comedy skills would be a plus.
- Cliton – Male, 25-40: Dorante’s manservant, the classic clown part; character actor; should be capable of comic “romantic” scenes with his maidservant counterpart; gullible, endearing, put-upon, he is our audience’s viewpoint and needs to be lovable; physical comedy ability a plus.
- Clarice – Female, 20-39: a young woman of Paris society, with money but not fabulously rich; she is flirty, pert, and smart, with plenty of experience with guys; the homecoming queen of 1643.
- Lucrece – Female, 20-39: Clarice’s best friend, less monied, but also less flighty; both feet firmly on the ground, perceptive, moral and wry, she’s the great girl who nobody ever asks to dance (their loss); our hero ends up with her, so she has to be able to hold her own against him.
- Alcippe – Male, 20-39: the best friend of The Liar and also Clarice’s fiancé; a handsome hunk, physically imposing, football captain of the class of 1640, hot-tempered, sheepish, given to sulks, not the brightest guy in the world but good-hearted.
- Geronte – Male, 50-69: The Liar’s father; the classic doting/strict father, indulgent toward his son, blind to his son’s faults, trying to set the young man up in a good marriage; he’s a bit of a fool but we should like him.
- Isabelle And Sabine – Female, 30-40: played by the same actress; these are the twin-sister maidservants to Lucrece and Clarice; Isabel is sexy, kittenish and sweet; Sabine is tart, stern, and moralizing; they are the comic/romantic foils to The Liar’s manservant, who can’t tell the two maidservants apart, so this actress needs good character skills and some real range.
- Philiste – Male, 30-45: A man of high society, snobbish, polished and well-educated, a good friend of Alcippe.